VIDEO / Air France now flies daily with Airbus A350-900 to Toronto
On 27th October, Air France’s first Airbus A350-900 (F-HTYA), named “Toulouse”, took off for the first time to Toronto, in Canada. It will serve this destination daily throughout the winter season.
After Bamako and Abidjan, Toronto becomes the 3rd destination served by Air France with A350 XWB. The airline received its first of 28 A350 on September 27th. Flights’ schedule (local times):
AF356 Paris CDG – Toronto 14:15 – 17:45 / daily
AF351 Toronto – Paris CDG 19:45 – 08:15+1 / daily
Layout: 34 Business Class, 24 Premium Economy and 266 Economy seats. Compared to previous generations aircraft, the A350 consumes 25% less fuel thanks to the incorporation of materials which are up to 67% lighter – 53% composites and 14% titanium. In addition, its noise footprint is reduced by 40%.
Three classes and Wi-Fi on-board
In Business, the seat turns into a real 2 meter-long lie-flat bed, guaranteeing you restful sleep. The new 18.5-inch HD touchscreen gives you access to more than 1,400 hours of entertainment including movies, music, podcasts and more. Alone or with a travel companion, the new configuration of this chic and elegant cabin adapts to how passengers wish to travel. They can choose between a shared travel experience or optimum privacy thanks to a removable partition wall.
UPGRADE / Effective 27th October, Air France flies daily with Airbus #A350-900 to #Toronto. More info + schedule, below….
In Premium Economy, the brand new “Recliner” seat is 48cm wide and reclines to 124°. Customers enjoy a 96 cm seat pitch to stretch out their legs and a 13.3-inch HD touchscreen. For optimum relaxation, a pillow and a duvet are available for passengers.
In Economy, the seat has been redesigned for even more comfort, with a reinforced ergonomic seat cushion, a 118° seat recline, as well as a 79-cm seat pitch. The best in-flight entertainment programmes can be found on the 11.6-inch HD touchscreen giving access to more than 1,400 hours of entertainment including movies, music, podcasts and more.
For the Air France CONNECT service, 3 different passes are available:
– A free “Message” pass for all, to send and receive messages throughout the flight;
– A “Surf” pass costing between €3 and €18 (6,000 Miles) to surf the internet, consult and send emails;
– A €30 (10,000 Miles) “Stream” pass to enjoy high-speed internet, streaming and downloads, including the “Message” and “Surf” pass.
Air France destinations served by Airbus A350-900
– Abidjan (Ivory Coast): until 8 December 2019, and as from 10 February 2020 for the 2020 summer season
– Bamako (Mali): until 8 December 2019, and as from 10 February 2020 for the 2020 summer season
– Toronto (Canada): since 27 October 2019
– Cairo (Egypt): as from 9 December 2019
– Seoul (South Korea): as from 9 December 2019
– Bangkok (Thailand): 2020 summer season